We have sophisticated logging frameworks, which helps in analyzing the exceptions – only when proper logging is made. Logging only helps the development teams and do not make any sense to the executives who really care about the dashboards that shows the message counts that were flowing and gives much details about how one system is receiving the inputs and responding.
I felt it as a very interesting topic for us to explore on the open source metrics frameworks and different metrics dimensions that we can derive using that.
Will come up with more updates on this…
Just a thought –
Programming languages are designed to serve the real-time needs. Design principles are based on the experiences, that helps to solves the issues by following certain patterns.
Why can’t the Design principles be applied in the Real-time too? When it can solve a programming issue, it can be applied in real-life too..
With this thought I put the design principle –
Favor composition over inheritance.
I believe this can be correlated to – Be a Roman when you are in Rome.
Isn’t it interesting?
Will keep adding my thoughts on this…
Jdeveloper 188.8.131.52.0 installation is failing on Windows 8.1 which has McAfee Antivirus installed on it.
During the Installation Progress step – It fails at the Copy step with the below error:
- oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbEndIterateException: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: com.oracle.cie.common.util.crlf.CRLFException: Failed to transform C:\oracletest\oui\bin\deinstall.sh to C:\oracletest\oui\bin\deinstall.sh. Couldn’t rename temporary file: C:\oracletest\oui\bin\fixcrlf-6500337599052744610
- com.oracle.cie.common.util.crlf.CRLFException: Failed to transform C:\oracletest\oui\bin\deinstall.sh to C:\oracletest\oui\bin\deinstall.sh. Couldn’t rename temporary file: C:\oracletest\oui\bin\fixcrlf-6500337599052744610
To work this out:
Click on the McAfee icon from the task bar and go to Manage Security. Turn off the Firewall for 15 mins and try the installation again.
Here and then I come across many domain related terminologies when going through news or stocks site and always spend sometime to know what it is. I felt it is good to capture these inputs for future reference.
This is just a start, will keep updating this…
Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) – http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fdi.asp
- Greenfield Investment
- Brownfield Investment
Do you think Offshore Development by IT companies comes under FDI?
Most of the FDI investments in India are from Mauritius and Singapore.
Export Letter of Credit – http://www.tdbank.com/internationalservices/export_letters_credit.html
Import Letter of Credit – http://www.tdbank.com/internationalservices/import_letters_credit.html
Bill of Lading
The below writing addresses the following issues:
1. All the activities in BPEL are successful, but the BPEL process failed.
2. The invoke activity on a external service has got response, but in SOA it is recorded as failed.
In my case, Invoke activity has called an external service and it took more than the transaction time out that is specified. When it tries to update the state in SOA, it errors out as the current state already got invalidated.
Error message from logs:
The action “update action” cannot be performed on the instance “30208” because of its current state (“unknown”).
The current instance state did not allow the requested action to be performed.
Consult the product documentation for a list of all the permissible actions that can be performed on an instance when it is in the “unknown” state.
, Cikey=30208, FlowId=30025, Current Activity Key=30208-BpInv3-BpSeq6.9-3, Current Activity Label=InvokeUdsLoader, ComponentDN=<COMPOSITE_NAME>!2.0*soa_c3ac83a7-3548-46e7-a06c-7afb154b348f/<BPEL_NAME>
Change the JTA transaction timeout:
- Log in to Oracle WebLogic Server Administration Console.
- In the Domain Structure, select Services > JTA
- Increase the JTA transaction timeout value to some higher value like 3600
After changing the transaction time-out it worked for me.